Taste of the North & Old Town Chiang Mai Walk
The Kingdom of Lanna was established some 700 years ago. Since then, its food culture has been slowly developed into what is known as the Northern Thai cuisine today. Join us on the 4 hours cultural walk of the old city of the "new city" A.K.A. "Chiang Mai" that not only let you experience the historical and architectural charms of Chiang Mai but also get you soaked into its gastronomy treasures.
On this not-so-typical tour, we will first start by wandering through the old city's charming old markets to learn specifically about ingredients and spices used for Northern Thai cooking. Then, we will start our way to taste various Northern Thai cuisines prepared some of the best local chefs in town, such as the best Northern sausage, the best Northern curry noodle, and the best Northern chilli dips. Along the way, we will also visit some magnificent temples as you might even have a chance chat with Buddhist monks to learn from them about Buddhism in general and there daily life in particular. By doing this tour early on your visit to Northern Thailand, you will feel more confident to enjoy the tastes and smells this region has to offer.
- 6 authentic tasting locations, 10+ delicious Northern Thai food samples (enough for big lunch)
- A hictorical walk in the old city of Chiang Mai
- Afteanoon tea with traditional Thai dessert
- Experienced, friendly and entertaining local guide
- Fun & informative guided walking tour, including visits local landmarks.
- Gratuities is not included but are highly appreciated
What's not included?
- Gratuity (Tips) is not included in price
Private Tour Option
This tour is also available as a private option
The itinerary of the Taste of the North & Old Town Chiang Mai Walk is identical to that of the Join-in one. However, in the private option, it will be more exclusive (just you and the guide) and the starting time is also the same as the public tour.
*Note: This price is per person. It also does not include “Pick up and drop off service”
|Number of guests||2 pax||3 pax||4 pax||5 pax||6 pax||7 pax||8 pax||9 pax|
|Price Per Person THB||1,600||1,500||1,400||1,300||1,200||1,150||1,100||1,050|
What people say about this tour
Nice tour around old city to taste northern food. The guide was friendly and helpful. The food you test is various and enough for lunch. BalooFoodLover, TripAdvisor
What a wonderful way to see the old city in Chiang Mai! The food we had on the walking tour was wonderful - all from stalls that have been around for a long time and a great variety of dishes for us to get to know quite a bit about Lanna cuisine. daddymummy, TripAdvisor
We got to walk around and go to places we normally would not have. We had fantastic food at every location and we got to learn about the food and culture. Kristi L, TripAdvisor
Should you (the client) choose to cancel a booking, Chiang Mai Food Tours must be notified by email.
The following cancellation fees apply for Old Town Chiang Mai Food Tour:
- More than 7 days before departure, 10% of your payment
- 2 to 6 days before departure, loss of 50% of your payment
- From 48 hours before the tour starts, loss of all payments made.
- Turning up late to the starting point of the tour for whatever reason is considered a late cancellation and will result in a loss of all payments made.